Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Contents This collection contains a holiday card, Vatican library catalog card, and autographed photograph of Cardinal Eugene Tisserant from his friend and associate, William Madison Randall.
Dates: 1937, 1947, undated
Abstract This manuscript collection contains information related to Dr. William Madison Randall's family and career from 1899 to 1972. Included are documents, correspondence, publications, newspaper articles and clippings, photographs and ephemera related to Randall's childhood, military career, career at UNCW, interest in languages and other scholarly pursuits. The collection also includes a tool belt and his graduation robes.
Scope and Contents This collection contains one postcard with a printed mini-essay on the value of a forty letter “alfabet” by Bernard Shaw; the address Ayot Saint Lawrence, Welwyn, Hertfordshire, is also printed at the end of the card. Added to this are further, handwritten arguments supporting the need for an expanded alphabet, which are dated December 26, 1947, and initialed “G.B.S.” The card is addressed to “William Russell M.S. Athens (Georgia) U.S. America.” The card bears an English stamp and is...
Abstract This collection consists of examples of illuminated works, which have been broken into six series: Early Printing and Engraving, Oriental Printing and Engraving, Examples of Paleography, Examples of Book Illumination, Ancient Bible Pages, and Parchment pages.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of letters, photographs, and documents collected by Wayne Jackson and dating from 1954 to 1973. Jackson was a broadcaster for Southeast North Carolina NBC television affiliate WECT (formerly WMFD).The bulk of the collection relates to three historical events. First, the collection includes information on the telecast of the first Southeastern North Carolina Junior Basketball Tournament held at Brogden Hall, the gymnasium at New Hanover High School in...
- Arts 1
- Authors 1
- Baseball -- North Carolina -- Wilmington -- History 1
- Basketball -- Tournaments -- United States 1
- Commencement ceremonies 1
- Illumination of books and manuscripts 1
- Monotype (Engraving) 1
- Novelists, English -- 20th century 1
- Paleography 1
- Religion 1
- Television stations -- North Carolina -- Wilmington -- History 1
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 1
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington -- History -- Sources 1
- Wilmington College -- History -- Sources 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- facsimiles (reproductions) 1
- memorabilia 1
- postcards 1 ∧ less
- Arabic 1
- Jackson, Wayne Robert 1
- Shaw, Bernard, 1856-1950 1
- Slotkin, Stanley S. 1
- Tisserant, Eugène, 1884-1972 1
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington 1
- Wilmington College 1 ∧ less