Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
The majority of this collection consists of correspondence between Anchram Harris Evans, a Confederate soldier during the Civil War from Brunswick County, NC, and his wife Elizabeth Kelly Evans (she is referred to as either "Bettie" or "Lizzie" in the letters), with a few letters between Anchram and his sister. Typed transcripts of the letters from their grandson, Troy Henry, in 1956 are also included.
This collection of original and photocopied items is comprised of correspondence and newspaper clippings encompassing nearly 100 years, from 1849 to 1938. Especially of note is the correspondence dating from the time of the U.S. Civil War 1861- 1865. The letters paint a poignant image of life in the confederacy.
This collection consists of a letter dated 1914, written by Richard Laracy, veteran, recounting his Civil War experiences to a friend. The letter outlines Laracy's experience at the Battle at Gettysburg. He was a Union soldier in Culter's 1st Division, 1st Corps. Included are the original letter and a photocopy.
- North Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 3
- Confederate States of America -- History 1
- Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863 -- Personal narratives 1
- Unionists (United States Civil War) 1
- Armstrong, Edward Hall, 1841-1864 1
- Armstrong, Thomas James, 1813-1877 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Kentucky Infantry Regiment, 2nd 1
- Davis, Joseph Jonathan 1
- Hanson, Roger Weightman, 1827-1863 1