Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4

Documents Relating to Public Education in New Hanover County

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-135
Scope and Contents This collection consists of original documents, letters, financial records and printed material dealing with the establishment of free public schools in Wilmington, North Carolina after the Civil War. The correspondence details the financial support for school construction, teacher recruitment, and administration provided by the Massachusetts Soldiers Memorial Society, Mary Hemenway, Amy Bradley and the American Unitarian Association for what came to be known as Wilmington School District #2....
Dates: 1865-1924

Rehder Family Papers

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-314
Scope and Contents This collection contains papers relating to the history of the Rehder family in Wilmington, North Carolina. The collection includes original documents, photocopies of original documents, correspondence, and photographs that detail the lives and lineage of Johann and Johanna Rehder beginning in 1844.Rehder family history is represented through both oral history and visual materials including typescripts, genealogical documents, photographs and scrapbooks. Additionally, of particular...
Dates: 1844-1980

Robert E. Tapp Private Papers

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-028
Abstract This collection consists primarily of a family album and other photographs donated by a local Wilmingtonian, Robert E. Tapp, who relocated to Wilmington, NC in approximately 1904 from Somerset, England.
Dates: 1870-1979, Undated

St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church Collection

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-180
Abstract St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church is located in Wilmington, North Carolina. The church was formed by the merging of two congregations in 1944, St. Andrews Presbyterian and The Church of the Covenant. This collection includes histocial and financial data on the church, its leaders, members and organizations.
Dates: 1858-2009