Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
This collection contains theatre professor Doug Swink's memorabilia from his tenure as a Wilmington College faculty member during the 1960s. Included in the collection are slides, performance programs and tickets, photographs, newspaper clippings, and student information bulletins encompassing many facets of student and faculty happenings, as well as theatre news, both on and off campus.
This collection contains papers and memorabilia related to Dr. Duncan Randall's personal and family life, his military career with the U.S. Air Force, his academic career as a professor at Wilmington College (now UNCW), and his personal and political interests. Materials include documents, correspondence, newspaper articles and clippings, a stamp collection, emphemera, artifacts, and photographs.
This collection contains correspondence, newspaper clippings and assorted personal papers of Dr. John T. Hoggard.
These papers include histories of UNCW, the UNCW Biology Department, Wilmington College and biographical material, alumni newsletters, and newspaper and magazine articles pertaining to Dr. Walter C. Biggs. Also included are early school records dating from 1948-1953, and a copy of the constitution of the Order of Isaac Bear.
Dr. William H. Wagoner served as the Superintendent of the New Hanover county school system from 1961-1968, as the fourth President of Wilmington College from 1968-1969 and as the first Chancellor of the University of North Carolina Wilmington from 1969-1990. This collection contains correspondence, publications, newspaper clippings, agendas, photographs, maps and ephemera related to the careers of Dr. Wagoner in Wilmington as well as his personal life.
This manuscript collection contains information related to Dr. William Madison Randall's family and career from 1899 to 1972. Included are documents, correspondence, publications, newspaper articles and clippings, photographs and ephemera related to Randall's childhood, military career, career at UNCW, interest in languages and other scholarly pursuits. The collection also includes a tool belt and his graduation robes.
This collection contains years of written records, including minutes of Trustee meetings, personal and Executive Committee correspondence, news clippings, concerning Wilmington College, and the transition to University status. Mr. Graham held the important position of Chairman, Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees of Wilmington College.
This collection includes various working drafts and notes for Dr. J. Marshall Crews' book, From These Beginnings: Wilmington College, 1946-1969. This book chronicles the early development of Wilmington College, which later developed into the University of North Carolina Wilmington.
This collection contains the personal papers of Thomas T. Hamilton, first President of Wilmington College and long time Principal of New Hanover High School. With inclusive dates of 1948-1989, the collection includes Hamilton's curriculum vitae, newspaper articles, photographs, a letter, and a typed report. These papers focus on Hamilton's career change in 1949 and his involvement with Wilmington College.
The Hawk's Eye was a regular feature article in the Star News written by Carlton Rhodes, a student at Wilmington College. The article was subtitled "News of Wilmington College," and chronicled all the important events and people associated with the college at that time.
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 5
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty 3
- Education -- New Hanover County (N.C.) 2
- Arts 1
- Authors 1
- Commencement ceremonies 1
- Education, Secondary 1
- Kenan House 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 1
- North Carolina 1
- Physicians -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County 1
- Political 1
- Theater 1
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington -- History -- Sources 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Wilmington College -- History -- Sources 1
- Wilmington star-news (Wilmington, N.C.) 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- newspapers 1 ∧ less
- Arabic 1
- New Hanover High School (Wilmington, N.C.) 2
- Bank of Wilmington (Wilmington, N.C.) 1
- Crews, J. Marshall, 1910-2010 1
- Democratic National Committee (U.S.) 1
- Graham, Fred B., 1906-2000 1
- Hamilton, Thomas T. (Thomas Tristam), 1900- 1
- Hoggard, John Thomas, 1876-1965 1
- Learning Institute of North Carolina 1
- North Carolina Advancement School 1
- North Carolina Education Association 1
- North Carolina National Bank 1
- Randall, Duncan Peter, 1931-2002 1
- Randall, William M. (William Madison), 1899-1984 1
- Swink, Douglas (Doug) W., 1922-2005 1
- Wagoner, William H., 1927-1999 1 ∧ less