Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents This group of World War II documents consists of five U.S. military duplicates: a U.S. military inspection report of Buchenwald Concentration Camp, liberated on 11 April 1945 by members of the Third Army under General George S. Patton; Special Communique No. 8 of the Supreme Headquarters, A.E.F. - an official notice of German Surrender 8 May 1945; a commendation letter from Dwight David Eisenhower, Supreme Commander, A.E.F. to Colonel Martin A. Bateman, Commander, 302nd Transport Wing, Army...
Dates: 1945, 1980, undated
Scope and Contents
This collection contains Bissette's papers, photographs, artwork and record of his artistic career.
Scope and Contents This collection includes minutes, memoranda, letters, photographs, and blueprints associated with the development of the University landmarks and student commons area between 1983 and 1987. The collection focuses on the Landmark Committee’s progress, documents a meeting held with the Board of Trustees, and includes negatives and blueprints of landmark designs. Much of the collection relates to the research of the Historical Events Committee, a subcommittee established by John J. Burney,...
Dates: 1982 May 28 - 1987 December 31
- Artists 1
- Arts 1
- Military history, Modern -- 20th century 1
- Public universities and colleges 1
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington -- History -- Sources 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ less
- Bellamy, Heyward C., Dr., 1924-2014 1
- Buchenwald (Concentration camp) 1
- Burney, John Jay, Jr., 1924-2010 1
- Eaton, Hubert A., Dr. (Hubert Arthur), 1916-1991 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1