Contains 36 Results:
Contains 18 sets of architectural drawings, floor plans, and a topographic survey for the main church building and grounds, including of renovations and additions to the parish, gardens, Sunday school, and kitchen.
Contains a set of property indentures to St. James of the Swann, Waddell, and Haigh families, who were connected by blood and/or marriage and exchanged property per the indentures.
Contains a sketch of existing St. James property blocks and dates they were received. Four copies.
Contains a 1912 deed for J. Victor Grainger regarding property near Third Street and Marsteller Street in Wilmington, which was once used as the Mission of the Ascension. Also contains a 1943 letter from George Elliott to Reverend Mortimer Glover regarding the receipt of the deed from Mrs. Grainger for inclusion in the parish files.
Contains two original indentures and various typescripts of property deeds and transfers related to the original land for St. James and its associated properties from the mid-1700s through the late 1800s. Several typescripts include drawn maps of the property boundaries and location or additional information about the original owners and members of the church.
Contains notes, typescripts, and information about the building history of St. James as collected for an unspecified Junior League project at an unknown date.
Contains correspondence between Leora McEachern, then archivist and historian of St. James, and researchers looking into architects Thomas Ustick Walter and John Norris, who were involved in the new building of St. James in 1838. Also includes a January 1978 letter from the National Park Service regarding an on-site visit to determine if St. James qualified as a national historic landmark.
Contains write-ups and research on the MacRae House, its history, and its architect, Henry Bacon. Also includes a dated list from Boney Architects and notes related to the architecural plans, as well as a 1989 interior design proposal for the house.