Special Collections Vertical Files
Scope and Contents
The Special Collections vertical files are compiled by Special Collections staff on an ongoing basis and contain material such as articles, photocopied documents, maps, emphemera, etc. of various persons, places, organizations, and topical subjects related to UNCW and Southeastern North Carolina history.
4 Containers (Contains 1 filing cabinet, 3 oversize boxes, and 1 flat file)
The vertical files are arranged into four series:
1. Biographical: Material related to specific people of note from or in Southeast North Carolina. Arranged alphabetically by last name.
2. Printed Ephemera: Material of temporal value from various businesses, community groups, arts programs, events, and other organizations in Southeast North Carolina. Arranged alphabetically by type then topic.
3. Southeast North Carolina: Material related to Special Collections's eight county region in Southeast North Carolina of Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, Duplin, New Hanvoer, Pender, Onslow, and Sampson Counties. Arranged alphabetically by subject then topic.
4. Special: Material not related to Southeast North Carolina, but related to existing manuscript collections or other Special Collections items. Arranged alphabetically.
- Special Collections Vertical Files
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description