Robert J. Cooke Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of material collected by Robert J. Cooke from various presidential elections from the late 1960s to the early 1990s, primarily at the respective Democratic Conventions. Items include copies of speeches, pamphlets, publications, press badges, ads, biographies, and campaign material. Candidates of note include Governor George C. Wallace, President Jimmy Carter, and President Bill Clinton. A selection of Cooke's research on the Rorison family of Wilmington, North Carolina is also included. This research focuses especially on brothers Harmon Chadbourn Rorison and John Chadbourn Rorison, both of whom served in World War I and World War II.
- 1967-2013, undated
- Majority of material found in 1976, 1992
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use.
Copyright retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
0.5 Linear Feet (Contains 1 document box, 1 map case folder)
This collection has been arranged into series by convention date and then by subject.
This collection was donated by Robert J. Cooke on December 24, 2001.
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924-
- Clinton, Bill, 1946-
- Families -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County
- Presidential candidates
- Presidents -- Election
- Rorison, Harmon Chadbourn, 1893-1976
- Rorison, John C. (John Chadbourn), 1894-1970
- United States -- Politics and government -- Sources
- Wallace, George C. (George Corley), 1919-1998
- World War, 1914-1918
- World War, 1939-1945
- Robert J. Cooke Collection
- Nicole Yatsonsky
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Randall Library Special Collections Repository