Scope and Contents
This series contains material on the St. James clergy, mainly those who served as assistant rector, associate rector, and rector, including the personal correspondence of the rectors from as far back as the early 1800s. Documents and correspondence related to clergy of St. James Home and its later iteration as the Chapel of the Good Shepherd are also included, along with sermons, hymns, and photographs of the clergy.
Additional photographs of clergy, mainly in the midst of service or with other congregants, can be found in the Photographs series.
- Creation: 1721-2017
- From the Collection: St. James Church (Wilmington, N.C.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Access to portions of this collection have been restricted by Special Collections in order to preserve the original materials and pursuant to extant statutory restrictions. Contact staff at the Center for Southeast North Carolina Archives and History (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information on access to this collection.
From the Collection: 51 Containers (Contains 16 bankers boxes, 8 document boxes, 5 oversize boxes, 4 photo albums, 5 tube boxes, 7 card file boxes, and 6 flat files)
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English