Skip to main content

Mount Lebanon Chapel

 Sub-Sub-Series

Scope and Contents

This sub-series contains information related to Mount Lebanon Chapel in what is now Airlie Gardens and was land previously owned by Pembroke Jones. The chapel was built in 1835 by Dr. Thomas H. Wright for local summer church services and was deeded to St. James Parish in 1875. It was completely restored, along with its graveyard, in 1974 and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.

Dates

  • Creation: 1721-2017

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Access to portions of this collection have been restricted by Special Collections in order to preserve the original materials and pursuant to extant statutory restrictions. Contact staff at the Center for Southeast North Carolina Archives and History (csencah@uncw.edu) for information on access to this collection.

Extent

From the Collection: 62 Containers (Contains 24 bankers boxes, 10 document boxes, 6 oversize boxes, 4 photo albums, 5 tube boxes, 7 card file boxes, and 6 flat files.)

Language of Materials

From the Collection: English

Repository Details

Part of the Randall Library Special Collections Repository

Contact:

910-962-7810