Skip to main content

Founding, Property, and History

 Series

Scope and Contents

This series contains material related to the initial founding of St. James Parish in the 1700s, the construction of the new church building in the 1800s, and subsequent renovations and additions to the church building itself and additional properties owned or maintained by St. James, such as the Donald MacRae House and Mount Lebanon Chapel. Information on the history of the church is included in several published profiles and timelines, reference index cards, and in relation to its milestone anniversaries.

Dates

  • Creation: 1721-2017

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Access to portions of this collection have been restricted by Special Collections in order to preserve the original materials and pursuant to extant statutory restrictions. Contact staff at the Center for Southeast North Carolina Archives and History (csencah@uncw.edu) for information on access to this collection.

Extent

From the Collection: 51 Containers (Contains 16 bankers boxes, 8 document boxes, 5 oversize boxes, 4 photo albums, 5 tube boxes, 7 card file boxes, and 6 flat files)

Language of Materials

From the Collection: English

Repository Details

Part of the Randall Library Special Collections Repository

Contact:

910-962-7810