Skip to main content

Early Church History


Scope and Contents

From the Collection:

This collection includes historical data on St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church, beginning in 1818 with the First Presbyterian Church in Wilmington, and continuing through the founding of the Second Presbyterian Church in 1858--renamed St. Andrews Presbyterian Church in 1888, the establishment of the Church of the Covenant in 1917, and the 1944 merging of St. Andrews Presbyterian and the Church of the Covenant.

Dating from 1858 through 2009, this collection includes original ledgers, minutes, correspondence, church records, programs, pamphlets, booklets, books, photographs, news articles, and promotional papers, which chronicle the growth and history of St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church in Wilmington, North Carolina. Of importance in this collection are the merger papers, the 150th anniversary documents, Women of the Church documents, and a collection of weekly worship programs dated from 1947 through 1985.


  • Creation: 1858-2009


Conditions Governing Access

Access to some materials in this collection has been restricted by Special Collections in order to preserve the original materials. Contact the Center for Southeast North Carolina Archives and History at for information on access to this collection.


From the Collection: 37 Containers (Contains 34 document boxes, 3 bankers boxes, and 1 oversize box.)

Language of Materials

From the Collection: English

Repository Details

Part of the Randall Library Special Collections Repository